Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Mika Turns 7

Here is Mika on her seventh birthday:
While she was at school, I did some birthday prep.
After school, Ramona had dance class, and the rest of us went to the library.
We met up with Daddy and Ramona at McDonald's for dinner
Then Mika got to open her presents at home.
There were lots of owl-themed gifts
She got a wallet from Grandma, complete with old credit cards
I think she liked the picture I painted for her
Cake and candle time!
Happy Birthday, seven-year old!
Dear Mika,
   Sorry I am writing this post almost a full year after your seventh birthday. I have loved having you as a daughter these seven (almost eight!) years. You continue to be spontaneous, creative, funny, and you have a special talent for thinking outside the box. A new skill of yours that really blossomed around the time you turned seven was your writing. Your first grade teacher always had high praise for your "writing voice" in class, and our whole family can never get enough of the writing assignments you bring home. You are a fantastic storyteller, and you are just amazing at being YOU.

Owl always love you.
-Mama

No comments: