Wednesday, April 20, 2011

"I'm not one, I'm two!"

Dear Ramona,
Since you probably won't remember much of your second birthday, I took some pictures for you.

In the morning, we had five of your little friends over to decorate cookies.
After cookie time, it was balloon time.

And then it was egg hunt time.

It wasn't a terribly elaborate party, but I think you genuinely enjoyed yourself.
Did you get a birthday cake? Well, yes, you did. My cakes are put to shame by many mothers who create edible works of art in the shapes of cars, animals, princesses--whatever the birthday child requests. The best I can do is something like this (Daddy's birthday cake this year):
I decided since I wasn't going to make you a tremendously fancy cake, I would at least make you one that is pink. So, here it is, next to your pink flowers from Paca.

It was quite adorable to watch you try and blow the candles out . . .
. . . and dive right in soon after.

All day when I asked you how old you were, you would give me varying answers. The first time you answered correctly, but once you said "Six," and another time you said "Ten." I think you were probably being a smart aleck. The last time I asked you, you said, "One!" then shook your head, and exclaimed "I'm not one, I'm two!"

I hope it's a good year for you, Mona-Pie. We love you.

4 comments:

The Nelsons said...

Happy Happy Birthday!! You're such a little dollie! :)

Aubrey Scott said...

Happy Birthday!!! Looks like you had a great day.

Brittney Richards said...

I can't believe that she is two already. Where does the time go? Happy Birthday Ramona.

Katie Parent said...

wow - can't believe it. Happy Birthday!