(a.k.a. Holidaze 2017)
Another set of holidays and a couple of birthdays have come and gone faster than I could document them. The following post includes photos from our not-so-recent Valentine's Day, mine and Forest's birthdays, and St. Patrick's Day.
Valentine's Day:
I sent Ramona to school with a heart-shaped sandwich in her lunchbox. Not sure if she was impressed, but I am sure she noticed!
Ramona and Mika ready to head to the bus stop in their heart-patterned coats:
Paula changed out of pajamas to go to her sisters' classroom Valentine parties:
Wylie hung out in his car seat at both parties, wearing lipstick smudge on his forehead (I can't keep my mouth off of his little face):
Ramona's classroom party:
Mika's classroom party:
Paula enjoying her sisters' Valentine loot:Heart-shaped pizzas for dinner:
Our family's tissue box Valentine mailboxes:
A handful of valentines we managed to preserve (even though Wylie chewed on one):
Some Valentine keepsakes:
My 32nd birthday:Chocolate ice cream cake and roses
Cards and snuggles from all my precious loves
Another visit from Uncle Dan, necessitating a trip to Kilwin's chocolate shop:
A rare just-us dinner date:
Forest's 37th birthday:
Card and picture from Ramona:
![]() |
| (Forest is depicted as 137 years old, dancing under a disco ball) |
St. Patrick's Day always seems to happen over the kids' Spring Break. I took them to a library program called "Gaga for Green" the Tuesday before St. Patrick's Day. The girls found some green in their closets to wear to the event in order to display their enthusiasm.
There were plenty of messy green crafts for kids to get their hands on at the library.
![]() |
| corn syrup + blue food coloring + yellow food coloring = sticky green goo |
That afternoon the kids and I took advantage of the pleasant weather and went to the park. Ramona and Mika rode bikes and Paula and Wylie rode in the stroller.
We found some friends there!
Despite how quickly the days and weeks fly by, each holiday and milestone practically colliding into the next, I feel truly *lucky* to have these people so close by my side along the way. Seeing their faces really tickles me pink and makes me go gaga over and over again--no matter which holiday we are celebrating!


















































No comments:
Post a Comment