The next day they entertained Ramona and Mika while Forest and I started packing our belongings for the upcoming move. The girls loved the big stack of Japanese books my parents brought them.
Ramona was able to point out all the hiragana characters she knows from the mini Japanese lessons I've tried to squeeze in with her here and there.
| Playing with food coloring in the kitchen with Baachan |
At church on Sunday, Ramona was eager to introduce everyone to Baachan: "This is Baachan. She's really good at origami and she does Japanese!"
That afternoon Jii and Baachan gave Ramona an early birthday present: a set of wooden Hello Kitty puzzles. She played with them every day while they were here.
On Monday Baachan made the girls Mickey Mouse pancakes.
On Tuesday she and Ramona made paper chains, paper princesses, paper princes, paper pianos, and paper "bad guys." In the meantime, I was getting a decent amount of packing done, and Jii and Baachan did a few boxes for me also.
On Wednesday we took a break from packing and drove up to Martinez Farm in Fort Collins.Their visit seemed quick but we managed to pack in some fun when we weren't packing moving boxes. I'm so glad they came when they did!
Mika has been asking for "Chii" and Baachan ever since they left. She has also been reading those books they brought, and just repeats "Baachan, Baachan, Baachan" in her attempt to speak Japanese.
No comments:
Post a Comment