Friday, April 24, 2009

Welcome

Dear Ramona,
It is hard to believe that a week has gone by since the day you were born into this world. Now that you are here, I can't imagine our family ever being complete without you.
You arrived on Saturday, April 18--your expected due date--at 6:06 AM, just as the sun was coming up. As I watched your new little body emerge from mine, and heard your strong, vivacious cry break the morning stillness, I felt that you were truly a gift from God.
Soon after you were born, you were surrounded by people who already loved you and were anticipating your arrival. Below is a picture of you with your daddy, Forest. Before either of us held you, he walked over to where the nurses were cleaning you off and started talking to you. Your cries quieted and you turned your head towards his voice, as though you recognized something familiar amid all of the confusion outside of the womb.
And here you are with me, your mommy.
Your grandpa Parry and his wife Teresa came to greet you that day . . .
. . . and so did your grandma Michiko and grandpa Roger.
A couple of days later, the nurses and doctors decided they could trust us to take care of you on our own. We left the hospital on a beautiful spring day and took you back with us to your new home.

Hopefully you find the accommodations and service acceptable, despite the inexperience of the staff.

You've brought so much joy into our lives already . . . welcome to our home, little Ramona.

Love
Your Mommy

7 comments:

The Nelsons said...

oh ivy! she's gorgeous! aren't babies perfect? it's amazing how much love you can feel for one such tiny person who hasn't done anything to "earn" it. :) love you lots!

Aubrey Scott said...

Ivy I just love you so much. You are going to be a terrific mommy. Congrats!!

Maria said...

She's so little and so cute!! I wish I could hold her!

Jackie said...

I LOVE THOSE BABY CHEEKS!!! Ivy, you look too good for someone who just had a baby! I can't wait to meet Ramona!

The Maughan-sters said...

Congrats IVy girl!!! She has the same birthday as our Ben!! :-) Being a mommy is the greatest! (There will be hard times, but it is all worth it :-D)

Ashley said...

What a beautiful, beautiful post. Brought tears to my eyes. *sniff* Congrats again.

Grace said...

With all the worries that the world can offer daily, this post has made them all vanish. How beautiful life is!!! Congratulations and Welcome!!!!